T32 NIH Postdoctoral Training for Translating Research in Regenerative Medicine
This T32 program aims to create “B3-Trained” professionals who have received intense exposure to a “Bench-to-Business-to-Bedside” approach, focusing on translating research in regenerative medicine. For this purpose, the training program should represent a range of breakthrough, innovative, multidisciplinary-oriented projects that can offer our trainees a range of scientific opportunity/experience to work on, from pioneering basic science to commercialization-ready projects.
Research Focus Tracks
Rutgers T32 NIH Training Program Post-doctoral fellows will have the opportunity to train with mentors from the following six prestigious institutions: Rutgers University, Princeton University, Tufts University, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Case Western Reserve University and University of Pennsylvania.
Program Director and Principal Investigator
The one- to two-year training program is open to Ph.D., M.D., D.D.S., D.M.D, D.O., D.V.M., O.D., D.P.M., Sc.D., and Eng.D. graduates who are US citizens or permanent residents.
Trainees will be selected on the basis of excellence in previous training and proven research capabilities, as evidenced through both publications and presentations. Faculty will also look for evidence of interest in collaborative, multi-disciplinary research; commitment to a rigorous training program; and high levels of communication and organizational skills.
The following must be included in ALL application packages:
- A completed Application Form
- A current CV
- At least 3 letters of recommendation from advisors with whom you have worked
- A 3-to-6-page research proposal following NIH R21 format. Your proposal needs to align with research strategy in your potential mentors’ labs.
- A 2-page written response to the following questions:
- Explain your reasons for wanting to enter the field of Regenerative Medicine for your postdoctoral training.
- What career path do you envision for yourself?
- What specific research would you like to carry out and what resources will you need?
- What are the qualities and experience you bring to this multidisciplinary work?
- What skills and abilities do you hope to gain from this training program?
Please contact Dr. Kim-Phuong Le, Program Manager, at