Jean Baum, Vice Dean
Welcome to the Office of Research and Graduate Education!
We work to advance research and graduate education across the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) at Rutgers University–New Brunswick.
Our mission is to support SAS as a global leader in interdisciplinary research and technology transfer while creating opportunities for graduate students from all academic disciplines.
We act as a resource for all faculty, staff and students, building universitywide partnerships, shaping effective policy and practices, and providing a strong voice nationally on behalf of SAS and Rutgers University–New Brunswick.
We achieve our mission through the following strategic priorities:
- Bolster interdisciplinary, cross-collaborative initiatives that enhance the research portfolio of SAS and expand support for graduate education and training through grant-funded opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with research partners across Rutgers as well as with external institutions including government agencies, private foundations, industry leaders and global research enterprises.
- Serve as a conduit for research development for faculty and become the forward facing hub for research endeavors across all disciplines in SAS.
- Ensure that SAS research policies, centers and institutes and core research facilities advance both a culture of innovation and compliance within SAS.
- Support advancement through strategic planning and assessment as it relates to SAS research priorities and the integration of these priorities with graduate education.
- Develop infrastructure and activities that promote creativity and an entrepreneurial culture.
- Communicate the value and impacts of RU-NB SAS research and graduate education to the public.